Saturday, February 8, 2020

IOWA -- First in the Nation

When people ask me, "where are you from" -- I'm very proud to answer "Iowa"...

Usually.

But this week, I  might have faked a southern accent...ugh...

IOWA SHOULD NOT BE THE FIRST IN THE NATION. 

Seriously, America -- how did this happen?

I mean -- you can't blame us for trying to hang on to the "First in the nation" position.  It brings millions and millions of dollars into the State.  For example -- Tom Steyer (who you have never heard of) spent $15 million on television ads here.

There are untold millions spent.  Every television or cable network has crews following every single candidate.  There were 14 candidates a year ago...and every one of them came to this state on a tidal wave of money.  They don't just buy television ads and radio spots.  They print signs, rent halls for events, and hotels for their advance staff.  They spend millions on restaurant meals, phone banks, pizzas, gas for their cars, BBQ chips for their non-stop bus tours...I am not kidding when I say I throw away a BUSHEL of political ads every single week.
YOU CANNOT IMAGINE the money that is dropped in this state every year prior to a Presidential Election.  It is obscene.  I wouldn't be surprised if, during an election year, Iowa makes more money on the Caucuses than it makes growing corn...

AND WHO DECIDED THIS RODEO SHOULD START IN IOWA?

REALLY PEOPLE??  WHY IOWA??

Because, clearly, we are not worthy.  Tomorrow, I'm going to take you inside the mysterious small town Iowa Caucus....

You might prepare yourself by reading that childhood fable, The "The Emperor's New Clothes".

It'll be a rare Sunday post -- and it totally goes against my cardinal rule to "NEVER WRITE ABOUT RELIGION OR POLITICS"..

But, honestly -- this is RIDICULOUS...

No comments:

Post a Comment