Monday, February 3, 2020

My PERFECT Monday

SHE'S ALIVE...SHE'S ALIVE...

My life is modeled after those old fashioned 7-Days-a-week dishtowel sets.  I do certain things on certain days.  It brings a sweet order to my life.  I've seen dozens of those dishtowel sets, and every single time -- Monday is "WASH DAY".

For me, Monday has long been my "cleaning day"...and, because I am really, really bad at doing housework....I decided a long time ago to hire help.

MONDAY:

This will not be news to anybody -- but I LOVE MY MONDAYS..!! I am so, so grateful for my cleaning lady.

Carrie comes to my house every Monday. She is more reliable than the mail man (who I do not care about even one little bit). 

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds

Here's the best thing....she's been taking care of me and my house since she was 14 years old (she is cousin Kim's daughter).  And she'll be 42 this year..!! 
Years ago, I had a fake leopard coat for her daughter Elizabeth.
This year, Elizabeth will be 13...
She sometimes has to be my model.
She HATES spiders...one year, I gave her these special Spider Boots (she loved the pointed toe)
On my birthday -- she brings homemade cake!!
My favorite picture of Carrie, helping me. This time -- painting the ceiling in the kitchen!!
It would be impossible for me to list all the things Carrie helps me with. (Last week, I found her cleaning the refrigerator.)...

She is WAY MORE than a cleaning lady.  When I was doing a lot of traveling, she helped me pack my suitcases, put them in the car, and then UNpacked them when I came home.  She organizes my closet -- bringing my summer clothes up from the basement tubs, and taking down my winter clothes. 

She changes out the porch furniture with the seasons -- stowing the cushions under the stairs, and covering them with plastic for the winter. When spring comes, she'll scrub the porch, and bring those cushions back to where they belong.

This year, she put up most of my Christmas decorations.

Carrie is a major player in my happy life.  She's my cleaning lady, my house manager, my young friend...one of my main links to the YOUNGER generation. 

She is also a major player in my SWEDISH DEATH CLEANING....she carries giant bags of STUFF out to her car -- to be delivered to the Goodwill store (where most of it came from).

I cannot tell you how wonderful my Mondays are....and I KNOW HOW LUCKY I AM TO HAVE Carrie in my life.
Thanks to Carrie, my Mondays are the BEST DAY OF THE WEEK...
So -- what is my Tuesday about??

1 comment: