Tuesday, February 25, 2020

My Winter Bed

This is about making a WINTER bed...and there are some basics...

1. HIGH QUALITY thick cotton mattress pad. This is a must. John has night sweats -- so I change the mattress pad whenever that happens. But, otherwise, I change and wash the mattress pad every-other-month or so.

2.High Quality 100% cotton sheets. Cotton. Always. Supima if you can.

3. When the weather starts to get cool -- I add a flannel sheet. On TOP of the cotton flat sheet. I love it for the bit of warmth and weight, but I don't like to sleep with flannel against my body. It's too hot for me...and if you wear pajamas -- the flannel acts like velcro...(not actually my problem, as I sleep naked).

4. When the weather is FREEZING COLD -- I add a wool blanket on top of the flannel sheet. I love the weight of the wool blanket...and I think the layers add more warmth.


Val's hands are shot, and she didn't have the strength to pull the blanket up...
So, I used a strip of t-shirt fabric to add the "handle" all across the top of the blanket...

5. To finish the bed, in the winter, I top it off with a quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment