Wednesday, February 5, 2020

My PERFECT Wednesday

So, thanks to some good planning and determination -- my weeks always get off to a rip-roaring good start!!

Monday is ALWAYS about cleaning...Tuesday is ALWAYS about TMBC....

Wednesday and Thursday are my "flex" days. But, on one of those days, you can be pretty sure I will be spending some one-on-one time with a friend...

Two of my favorites...Marion and Sue.
Often, this involves a little day-tripping....Deanna and I hook up a couple of times a year. Always IN WISCONSIN...
My college roommate Becky and I hook up somewhere in ILLINOIS.
My nieces, Nicole and Amy. I love spending time with them...when their busy schedule permits!
It's great when the friends come to MY HOUSE!!
All the way from Washington State!!
One of my favorite traveling buddies...Rhonda and I have been to the BEST cities...!!
Minneapolis...
Rooftop dining...
Ya Ya trips galore
I love a good selfie!
Getting together with multiple friends at one time?  Bliss...
Becky and I discovered LaSalle!!
Spending time with a friend who's known you for 30 years is a wonderful thing.
The only thing that is BETTER?  Spending time with you sisters!  All that shared history...
My YOUNG FRIEND Anne -- we usually meet halfway.  Which is Iowa City.  A great little college town...with interesting restaurants and tons of thrift stores...
My brother Calvin, and his wife Jeanne.
My friend Sandy --
Her daughters were visiting, so we did a Popover Demonstration...
Here's what I believe. Friendships are like gardens. You can't just plant a seed -- you must care for it. That means being mindful. PAY ATTENTION. If you're lucky, it will grow into something worthwhile, beautiful and delicious. But you must TEND to it.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I so enjoy your blog. My husband even asks me, "How's Rita today?" and he doesn't ask anything about any other blogs or emails I receive. So, I think thats cool. I look forward to reading your blog. It's always so great! Thank you for sharing photos of your many friends and family and you and your husband. You are an inspiration to me! Thank you for everything you share! You're awesome!! 🥇💙🌻💐

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dearest Angie...you made my day! And your husband sounds like a keeper.

    ReplyDelete