Wednesday, February 19, 2020

TMBC/LSD: How many?

So -- for this special TMBC/LSD...the plan was that all four of us would be making Mary Mulari's Criss-Cross apron...

When Mary was working on this design, I told her THIS WAS my Grandma Little's favorite apron. I wish I had a picture to show you...but Grandma Little was about 5 ft. tall, and I'm pretty sure she weighed over 300 pounds.   I remember her as a completely round person. So, there was no possible way she could have tied an apron behind her back!

Except for funerals or special occasions, she ALWAYS wore a criss-cross apron....every single day. When I was a kid, I never thought about Grandma's aprons much...but I'm pretty sure they were all made out of chicken feed fabrics.

http://www.marymulari.com/patterns/Crisscross-Apron
I already know I love this apron...because Mary made THIS ONE for me last year at our retreat -- and I wear it all the time.
To make the apron reversible -- you need to cut out both sides, then do any embellishments, i.e., pockets -- BEFORE you smack the two of them together.
I did one zebra pocket - and one flowered pocket trimmed with zebra.
For the zebra side, I made two zebra pockets...
THEN, you put right sides together...
Mary's instructions were, as always, PERFECT.
And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this criss-cross apron!!
 THANK YOU, MARY...!! WOW -- that first apron went together really fast....it must be time for lunch...

No comments:

Post a Comment