Saturday, February 15, 2020

My Name is Rita Farro and I like WORK

So -- the kids and I are in a thrift store. I notice this REALLY GREAT SWEATER COAT. It still has the store tag on it...($123.00)...

The thrift-store price was $10. It was half off that day. So - $5.00. WHAT A GREAT BARGAIN...I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this coat...so, I had Lilly try it on.

But, she has her own taste...and she hated it.

Lilly: this coat is totally YOUR style, Grandma -- not mine.

Me: I know. But it would take a LOT OF WORK to Frankensew that coat into a size big enough to fit me...(I started to hang it back on the rack)...

Lilly:  I thought you liked work...
So, of course, I had to BUY THE damn thing...
And you've got to admit -- these details are spectacular...all that quilted faux-leather is screaming RITA, RITA, RITA
The piece of leopard knit piping just sent me over the edge...
When I laid the coat on top of a tunic that fits me...I realized I'd have to add about 20" on each side.
And then, I'll have to add to the shoulder...and the sleeves will need to be completely redone...

I'm not gonna lie. This may be more work than even I'm capable of....

1 comment: