Wednesday, February 12, 2020

The END of the Exhibit

The last week of the Exhibit was a VERY BUSY ONE. I was delighted to share these extraordinary household items with so many people.

Obviously -- I gave tours to my inner circle. TMBC, my sisters, my cousins, my best friends, my nieces...

But one of the best things was that the Exhibit provided me with an opportunity to meet some new people -- and a reason to visit with people I have not seen FOR YEARS.

Trust me -- it was better than going to a funeral!
My cousin Kim studied the signatures on the Friendship Quilt --
And YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE what we have discovered!!
I think it's a mystery, worthy of Jennifer Chiaverini..!!
(however -- some women can embroider -- some cannot)...
Sue and Judy came from WISCONSIN..!!
My high school friends came - Barb and Mary Lou...and it was SO INTERESTING to sit down that afternoon and review the last 50 years
And, guess what book Mary Lou checked out?  (get this, Mary Mulari) -- THE ART OF SWEDISH DEATH CLEANING...
My young friend Anne and Tess came from Cedar Rapids.
fingers crossed -- next week --  I can tell you what's next for the Art of Homemaking Exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment