Friday, February 14, 2020

Happy Valentine's Day!!

So -- HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY..!! I always have the kids for Saturday morning breakfast...and I did their Valentine's Day last week...
To make breakfast special, I have red trays (thank you, Rhonda)...bowls and Valentine mugs...
OF COURSE... There is ALWAYS bacon...
I was going to make pink pancakes for this special occasion -- but was OUT of red food coloring.
I wonder if this will work??...hummm...
PERFECT..!!  The pancake batter was a beautiful pink -- and tasted like raspberry.  BONUS!!
I also put red sprinkles on oatmeal. (this was not a big hit, but I thought it was very clever).
Just pink pancakes would be fun, eh?
But then -- thanks to my Valentine cutter --
The pancakes turned into something extra special
I also cut their toast into heart shapes...and made poached eggs (their favorite)
It was the PERFECT Valentine Breakfast...

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I just read your article in the Designs in machine embroidery.N/D 2004 You are an inspiration!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terrihatch...I'll have to look that issue up! WOW. I was just a kid then...

      Delete