Friday, February 7, 2020

My PERFECT Friday

Friday is another set-in-cement day for me. Every Friday -- no matter what -- Lilly and Warren come to my house.  They spend the night -- and all day Saturday.  And we do stuff.

There are no screens...they aren't allowed to play video games.  We make things.  We cook.  We clean. (okay -- that's wishful thinking).  We work on jigsaw puzzles.  We go to thrift stores.  Swimming.  Visiting.  Day trips.  Library events.  Museum visits.  Concerts.  Board games.

I sew, Warren Legos, Lilly read books.  Our activities change with the seasons...or what's happening around town.

We do stuff. 

In the summer -- we have breakfast on the porch.
Swimming is one of our FAVORITE THINGS.

But we also love crafting...
Road trips
Eating at restaurants
For special occasions -- Hotels!!
I travel with swimsuits, goggles, balls and pool noodles in the trunk of my car...
Also, extra swim towels.
The kids love cooking,making things...
Board games....
We go the Figge Art Museum, or the Putnam (science) Museum...and ALL the libraries...you can't imagine how excited they were to see the Art of Homemaking Exhibit (or, maybe you can...!)
Well -- you get the idea. My Fridays AND Saturdays are ALL ABOUT Lilly and Warren. I know it's a closing window...so I work hard to make the most of every minute.

Because you NEVER know what a child will remember...and I know, without a doubt, that this is the most important job I have left on my plate.

2 comments:

  1. I adore this... am so Happy you have Friday and Saturdays with the Grandchildren. I am simply green with ENVY too. Even though the grandchildren live close we only see them when Dad has them Wednesday nights and Every other week end and split Holidays :( We do as much as we can as a family (got to include Dad ) as his time is limited. Camping, Fishing, crafting etc... Have Fun Grandma. they grow up so fast, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol...I know how lucky I am. Grandmas make a difference!!

      Delete