Friday, June 18, 2010

Violet on Violet

This is one of those pictures that should NOT have turned out...but I love it. Violet & Sonny's house sits right on the water -- and I was trying to take a picture of her taking a picture...I was looking into the setting sun...

During my May visit to Tacoma -- the rhoddies were STILL IN BLOOM. And I was stunned by the sheer volume. Hey -- every location in the world has the thing they specialize in. In Iowa, the obvious horticultural superstar is CORN. It's everywhere, and it grows to 12 ft. tall. But in Tacoma -- it is DEFINITELY rhododendrons...

Here's a picture of Violet, in her laundry room -- with the purple countertop! Everything in her life is a shade of Violet...all her clothes...every room in her house...

I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT...here's Violet and Joanne -- see all the purple accessories?? I'm telling you -- VIOLET CANNOT GET ENOUGH VIOLET...AND the best new Violet in her life is a little grand-daughter. Named? Guess what? VIOLET...so now there is renewed shopping -- for violet BABY CLOTHES...

Here's the kind of thing that amuses me. I get to write this, "Violet, wearing violet pants and a violet sweater, is babysitting for Violet, who is also wearing a violet outfit, and sleeping on a violet bed in the violet room, covered with a violet blanket..."

I mean -- it could go ON AND ON, y'know??

No comments:

Post a Comment