Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Susan's Calico Creations

It was my cousin Jackie's birthday. She couldn't get home -- but -- oh well -- we decided to celebrate anyway. (as a group, we require very little encouragement)...

DAY TRIP!!

Of course, any PERFECT DAY TRIP starts off with a girlfriend breakfast. You'll recognize my usual book clubbers...and we have a special guest -- I'll call her "Quilt Sandy"...Starting with me, it's Linda P, Quilt Sandy, Sandy and Linda K. Come to think of it -- I had a great poker hand -- two pair. Two Lindas and two Sandys...

Since Quilt Sandy was visiting from Kentucky, and she is an accomplished, devoted quilt teacher - we took her to Fulton, Illinois to visit Susan's Calico Creations

I ran into my friend JoAnn (on the right -- from our previous lives of running competing fabric stores) -- and the shop owner, Susan... Calico Creations was JAM PACKED full of finished quilts, thousands of bolts of fabric, etc. Just what we hoped for...

I found a wonderful fabric book panel -- with Dick & Jane graphics. LILLIAN WILL LOVE IT...

The quilt displays are fabulous. Linda is falling in love with a gorgeous display quilt. They have it available in a "kit"...hummm...what to do, what to do??

Susan's Calico Creations uses baby cribs to display the fabric! Here's a fabulous Michael Miller collection....hey -- is that a zebra stripe?? THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I NEED FOR THE VALANCE IN LILLIAN'S NEW ROOM...

Quilt Sandy has inspired me to make a personalized fabric photo book for Lillian -- WHAT A GREAT IDEA! She loves kissing pictures of her Mommy & Daddy...

I bought everything I need. So, I'll be blogging about that project (DUH). AND -- if you are ever in this neck of the woods -- be sure you visit Susan's Calico Creations in Fulton, Illinois!!

Tell them Rita sent you....!

In the next week or so -- I will be posting the blog with the INCREDIBLE WINDOW TREATMENTS I'm making for the baby's room...keep your fingers crossed...there is a video involved...

1 comment:

  1. What a fun treat to see JoAnn this morning on your blog! When I was little all my 4-H projects started with JoAnn and Northwest Fabrics in Clinton. Lots of happy memories in that store. I'm also so happy to know that Fulton has a nice fabric store. I thought Clinton was without fabric, but it's only a short hop over the bridge to Fulton. Thanks for the smiles to start my day.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete