Wednesday, June 2, 2010

New York City MTA

No matter who I take to New York City...I MAKE THEM GO TO THE PUBLIC LIBRARY...it is one of the most amazing public spaces I've ever seen. Ann and I were about to enter the grand Rose Reading Room...



Every time I enter this room, I feel a sense of awe...

Also -- whenever I show somebody around New York City -- I make sure they use public transportation. New York's subways and buses are the best in the world...and the biggest bargain in America is the one-week MTA pass. For $27 -- you get 7 days of UNLIMITED RIDES on either the subways or the buses.

Here's Ann Sagawa -- buying her first Metrocard...


Sometimes, the bus makes more sense. Then, you can SEE THE CITY as you travel...

Ann took this pic of me & Hey Rita -- another bus ride...

This was a VERY QUICK trip. I got into town on a Sunday -- and bought my MetroCard on Monday. Because I was leaving on Thursday -- there were still 3 days left on the card.....which I knew would happen -- it always does. As I walked back to the hotel that morning (on my way back from the TODAY show) -- I gave the card to a woman waiting at a bus stop.

Hey -- I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the 7-day unlimited Metro cards!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your website--just discovered it. I am learning so much about NY that I never knew--and I live over in NJ. Keep up the posts; I love learning about all the great things in NY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,

    THANK YOU -- your comment MADE MY DAY!! Next time I'm there -- we can meet at Ellen's for a musical lunch!!

    ReplyDelete