Friday, June 11, 2010

Poor Paula Deen

As you can imagine -- I have long been a fan of Paula Deen. I mean -- c'mon -- FRIED BUTTER?? So I was dismayed to read the news story about her housekeeper stealing over $100,000 worth of stuff from her home....(mostly jewelry)...


Which, apparently, took place over a period of 9 months. Wha?? So -- that's how long it takes to notice that $100,000 worth of jewelry has gone missing??

Then -- my second thought was...WHO EVEN HAS $100,000 WORTH OF JEWELRY?

WOW. And, clearly, because it took 9 months to even miss it -- there must have been a WHOLE LOT MORE than that...

Apparently -- we ALL GOT IN THE WRONG LINE of work!! "Television cooking celebrity" would have been a waaay better choice.

Obviously, this is not a problem I will EVER have...my jewelry "collection" is worth roughly $47. AND, the most important thing I do to avoid becoming a crime victim is to drive a 2001 Ford Taurus...


Trust me -- NO SELF RESPECTING thief would bother anybody driving a 2001 Ford Taurus...

2 comments:

  1. Rita,
    I drove a 1995 Taurus, which my friends said NO ONE would ever steal, either!
    Do we have the same friends? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure we do! I have never given a whoop about the car I drive...and my Taurus is PERFECT for me...big enough to be comfortable -- small enough to keep me out of trouble...(I can't buy hutches or sofas)...

    ReplyDelete