Wednesday, July 1, 2020

The First Porch Party of 2020

Every spring, I look forward to having a porch party to welcome the CHANGE OF SEASONS.

Because of the virus, a lot of things just didn't happen this year. For the last four months, people have missed birthday parties, weddings, vacations, EASTER...

By the time I got around to having my first Porch Party of 2020 -- it was almost July -- and too hot and humid to actually eat out on the porch...ugh...

So, this porch party actually started inside....It was very interesting to compare notes on what everybody has been doing during the pandemic.  Also, we talked about which things are going to stay part of our lives...even after this thing is over....(I'm looking at YOU, Amazon)...
My sister Ronda has been busy letting her hair go back to it's natural color. (she had NO IDEA it was going to be white)...
These are my peeps...Sisters Deena and Ronda, Cal's wife Jeanne and cousin Kim.  Lilly was our official photographer...
I made Mom's summer chicken salad (the one with the green grapes and sweet pickles). And we talked about how our families have been surviving the pandemic. Deena gets the most Grandma Points for doing daily school lessons with her grandkids FOR THREE MONTHS...(none of us could comprehend the "new math").

WE HAD A LOT TO CATCH UP ON...and Lilly helped me get ready for the party, so it was only fair she got to attend.  She sat with us, and contributed to the conversation. She set the table, and got drinks...

We compared notes about our various pandemic activities...and, since it was my party, I provided the entertainment with a Pandemic Fashion Show...
The Pandemic Sewing Show was fun -- but the MAIN EVENT was, of course, the unveiling of my improved, useable basement. Holy Cow...pictures to follow...

And, then, Lilly gave a tour of the artistic new floor in our upstairs bathroom...

We all have dealt with major changes and attitude adjustments during this difficult time.  Some good -- others kind of disappointing.  And -- hey -- ain't that just life, people??

It was good to talk about it from a silver lining kind of perspective....and I think that's the key to this thing.  Hang on to the good -- and let the disappointments fall away.

That Frozen girl had it right....just LET IT GO....

2 comments:

  1. Love your pandemic sewing projects Rita! You have transformed frankensewing into artisan sewing. Bravo! Are you selling your outfits in boutiques?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS, Rhonda!! The pandemic has, for SURE, given me lots of opportunity to hone my Frankensewing skills. As you said from the very beginning -- this thing is really a "gift of time"...

      Delete