Saturday, July 4, 2020

Road Trip #1: Tipton, Iowa

Lilly and I were off to Tipton, Iowa -- to visit with my young friend, Anne and her daughter, Sarah. The drive was a straight shot west on I-80.

Lilly was the official co-pilot/navigator...and it was a boring job for the Google Maps girl.  (only one turn)...
I may have been to Tipton when I was a kid -- but I don't remember anything about this town...
Anne and Sarah were coming from Cedar Rapids -- and they beat us to the breakfast joint.
We exchanged gifts (a tradition we started many years ago)...I gave Anne a book, some Schmetz needles and some sewing machine oil.  She gave us six designer FACE MASKS...
Anne and Sarah have made over 800 facemasks, and they also sewed dozens of isolation gowns...
I love the way she makes the one-piece, adjustable tie -- and these masks are special.  THEY ARE MEANT TO BE DECORATED...
Of course, we were traveling with a few game options...
This place had Nutella Crepes!! OMG...
With my phone, I'm taking a picture of Sarah taking a picture with her phone.
It was Anne inviting us to meet in Tipton that made me realize ROAD TRIPS are the perfect solution to this year's problematic Grandma Camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment