Thursday, July 2, 2020

Grandma Camp 2020: Road Trip #1

Okay. Grandma Camp 2020 has officially begun. The date and location of our first road trip was determined by the PEOPLE WE WOULD BE HOOKING UP WITH...

I mean -- every good road trip has to have a PURPOSE. A DESTINATION is what makes it fun...
It was just me and Lilly on this day.  In our new car.  Taking selfies with my new phone...oh, yeah -- this is gonna be fun!
Iowa's only President. Herbert Hoover. Hey -- he has a library not far from here...but that's not our destination.  Altho, I'm definitely gonna put it on the list of possibilities.
In front of our first Visitor's Center of the summer.
Iowa has some VERY IMPRESSIVE Visitor Centers. Sparkling clean, with a janitor on sight, and well stocked with FREE ROAD MAPS...
There is art everywhere...gee, we are a very prosperous State...
Lilly spent the night on Monday. Just Lilly. No Warren for this first Road Trip adventure...(he'll get his turn next week). We woke up at 7:00...and were on the road by 8:00. We stopped at Casey's for our BACON BREAKFAST PIZZA...then we were OFF.

I had an excellent book for us to listen to during our drive. Kristin Hannah, The Great Alone...I knew Lilly would love it...
Our drive will take at least an hour...to a small town I've never visited...to meet some friends coming from the other direction...

*********

P.S. YES, LAURA, I have subscribed to Disney Plus.  TOMORROW WE'RE HAVING A HAMILTON WATCH PARTY..!! 

People -- If you haven't seen Hamilton -- THIS IS YOUR CHANCE.  Disney Plus is only $6.99 per month -- and you can cancel any time.  Even though we don't have a smart TV --  I can hook our television up to the internet with my Amazon Firestick.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book suggestion. I just put a hold on this title and can hardly wait to read it. Hopefully, it will be available soon for pick up at my local library. Have a terrific trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going to be in the room where it happens tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll be wearing our special HAMILTON clothes!!

      Delete