Monday, July 27, 2020

ROAD TRIP. #6??!!

After a very disappointing trip to LaSalle, Illinois with the kids on Saturday -- I was delighted to turn right around and go BACK to LaSalle on Wednesday....to meet with Rhonda Pierce.

After all, my sucky day was more about the hot weather and two testy kids...it wasn't really LaSalle's failing...and I ALWAYS have a good time when Rhonda is in the house...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE LaSalle, Illinois...and you will, too -- once I tell you the REST of the story.

However -- I've been playing catch-up with friends so last week was crazy. With my increased Grandma Camp schedule -- and RESTAURANTS reopening (I am seriously doing everything I can to insure their success). ..I'd already committed to lunch with my friend Bert...an afternoon with Sue...a catch-up visit with Cousin Kim...a porch party for my MDF....then John just realized we can go back to his favorite Illinois restaurant for CHICKEN FRIED STEAK...the pool is open again...and I'm trying to get back into a routine.

ALL OF THIS, OF COURSE, while wearing a mask and social-distancing...!!

A day trip  in the middle of the week to meet Rhonda sounded like HEAVEN.  Like a rest, even....AND I DESERVE THIS...

And here's some good news -- I HAVE TOTALLY FIGURED OUT LIBBY -- the free library app!! I hook up my smartphone -- and the audiobook plays right through my car speakers!!  The first book I listened to was The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah. 
I can't say enough about this book....I loved it...

THIS SUMMER OF ROAD TRIPPIN has been great!!  I love my new car...and I love planning a little get-away each week. It's a nice way to hook up with friends...or give the kids (or me) something to look forward to.

Next week, I have TWO trips to report on...

OF COURSE, I had to Frankensew a new carseat cover... out of t-shirts...
Rhonda and I hooked up at our favorite little french bakery
Rhonda ALWAYS brings gifts...
The t-shirt says, "Don't think twice. You didn't get it right THE FIRST time, so you won't get it the SECOND TIME either."
I'm wearing my wonderful new  red EARTH sandals (that I bought the last time we were in LaSalle).  Ronda's  comfy new shoes came from QVC...she bought them in several different colors -- DON'T GET HER STARTED!!
But on this day -- WE ARE ACTUALLY ON A MISSION...

No comments:

Post a Comment