Saturday, July 11, 2020

Dubuque Eagle Point Park, #2

Here's the thing about our Grandma Camp 2020 Road Trips. The kids DID, indeed, spread out a map of Iowa -- and make a circle that represented a 90-minute drive from my house. There are SO MANY TOWNS within that circle that I've never been to...and it'll be fun to plan our trips every week.

But I thought I KNEW something about Dubuque, Iowa.  I've BEEN there many times.  I had a little list in my head of places we could go, and the things we'd do...

BOY -- WAS I WRONG!!

To begin with -- I had NO IDEA about their stunningly beautiful, well-maintained, interesting, HUGE (117 acres) Eagle Point Park...
Just the VIEWS alone were worth the trip...
On this overlook -- we were looking down at the Corps of Engineers Lock and Dam #11
Yes -- new phone -- selfies!!  Sorry...
All the mature trees provided a comfortable shade for the playground areas -- and this was a VERY HOT summer day.
Even the restroom buildings have interesting roof lines and architecture.
When the kids were busy playing -- I was studying the map of the park.
Warren commented on HOW MANY TRASH CANS they had in the park!!

No comments:

Post a Comment