Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Impromptu Dinner Party

Lilly and I had a GREAT fancy lunch with my friends.  On our way home, we had to pick up Warren at my sister's house.

When we got there, Dean gave me a nice mess of fresh catfish -- and a bushel of basil.

Then, too -- we had about 3 pounds of  delicious Italian leftovers in the car.  AND a lemon icebox pie we were dying to cut into...

So, I invited Ronda and Dean over for supper...which meant -- the minute we got home --

WE'VE GOT WORK TO DO, PEOPLE...

Lilly and I made short work of picking the basil leaves.
Then, I triple-washed the leaves...
The other ingredients in fresh pesto are:  garlic, walnuts, olive oil and parmesan cheese...
While we were busy cooking -- Warren decided it was CHRISTMAS EVE...
He wrapped a dozen presents -- wrote our names on the packages -- with notes like "do not open until Christmas"
Really...he made us wait until the next morning to open our gifts.  I got my old cellphone, and a package of sugar free jello...

No comments:

Post a Comment