Thursday, July 23, 2020

Sheet Pan Supper

Cooking has NOT been a big thing for me during this time.

John doesn't have much of an appetite -- he would be content with a hamburger every night of the week.

I'm always trying to WATCH MY WEIGHT....so, many nights -- I just nuke a Healthy Choices meal. Hey -- it's quick, easy and there are no dishes to wash...

But -- the other day -- inspired by Ree Drummond (Pioneer Woman) -- I made a Sheet Pan Supper. Which was DELICIOUS...

I had a leftover baked potato in the frig -- and about half a ring of kielbasa. So, I cut up an onion, the potato, and the sausage....then, I added a bag of carrots....and stuck it in the oven for about 45 minutes.


Rhonda is a big fan of roasted carrots -- and I never think to do this for myself. 
I also had a pan of cooked cabbage -- I didn't want to add it to the sheet pan because I wanted everything to be CRISP...and all the water from the cabbage would make it soggy...
But -- IT WAS A DELICIOUS SUPPER.
The Pioneer Woman is right about sheet pan suppers...it was easy and DELICIOUS.

I might have to reconsider this cooking thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment