Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Eagle Point Park, Clinton

Like many of you -- our 4th of July celebration was very laid back. No, wait....

A better way to say that would be...."this year, there was no celebration"...

There wasn't a big picnic, or family gathering, or community fireworks party.

It was a beautiful summer day -- although HOT. The kids slept late...so it was lunchtime when they ate breakfast...

I've decided OUR NEW CAR will be the focus of Grandma Camp this summer.  So, after lunch -- we drove to Clinton. It's a beautiful little river town just 30 minutes north of us.  I needed a few groceries, and I decided to wash the car.

WASHING THE CAR has become a new part of my life...ugh...
There's a new carwash business in town...
You stay in the car....and it was like a carnival ride!! The kids screamed all the way through...

Having a new car is a responsibility...I feel like I need to keep it clean...and I worry about where I park it...

It was a beautiful day -- and we were listening to Lilly's favorite music. This summer, we'll be getting used to the new car AND my new cellphone.  We ended up at Eagle Point Park.
They are young enough to still get a kick out of a simple park playground visit...

There is a beautiful view of the Mississippi River

I'm pretty sure this old metal corkscrew slide has been outlawed in all 50 states...

Like many parks in this country -- Eagle Point in Clinton has many structures built in the 1930's by the WPA. This castle is a favorite spot for wedding and graduation photos...

It ended up being a beautiful 4th of July.

On our way home, we stopped at the grocery store to pick up some fixins for our campfire supper...

No comments:

Post a Comment