Friday, July 3, 2020

HAMILTON

So -- TODAY IS THE BIG DAY. We get to watch HAMILTON. Again. This time, it will be from the comfort of our own home...thanks to Disney Plus.  Also, this time, we'll be watching Lin-Manuel Miranda in the starring role...

I was lucky enough to see this wonderful play in Chicago -- TWICE.

The first time, I went with my friend Linda and her daughter Kim.

Lilly was 8 years old, and she became obsessed with the music. She learned every word of every song, and I was so shocked and proud...she sang Hamilton songs in three different talent shows, at the dentist's office, the bank, in restaurants...it was SO MUCH FUN.

So, the second time I saw Hamilton was with LILLY and my friends Jackie, Sandy and Jeff. We took the train to Chicago -- and, well -- it was, without a doubt, one of the BEST days of my life.

Alas, Lilly got over Alexander Hamilton.... And I haven't heard her sing a Hamilton song for over a year...

But that was a very happy time for us...and tonight, for our viewing party, I'll be getting out all our Hamilton paraphanelia...shirts, jackets, pants -- even a purse!!

Oh, yeah -- this is gonna be fun!!

4 comments:

  1. We'll be watching on the 4th!!
    Horay for the USA 🇺🇸

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be watching tonight and again on the 5th with Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll be watching on the 4th, also! Rita - I loved all these pictures from your 2 Hamilton trips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting for the not to smart tv to upload Disney+. Watched Hamilton the 3rd on a smaller tv. It did not disappoint. I put the CC on and that helped with the fast paced lyrics.

    ReplyDelete