Saturday, July 18, 2020

Grandma Camp SQUARED.

So -- the day after his birthday, Elliott surprised Emily with a road-trip to Idaho to visit her sister.

Of course I offered to keep the kids...

And, remember, they also have three dogs and 30 chickens...so, there will also be a few chores each day at their place. (which, fortunately, is only 10 minutes from my house.)
On the first full day, we saw a rainbow as we were leaving their house...that's gotta be a good sign, eh?
I had scheduled a 90 minute session in the outdoor YMCA pool (which is about a one hour drive)
Warren had swimmer's ear...so I had to get creative with an ear plug, a large band-aid, then a pantyhose/pirate/headband...
We were all ready to jump in the pool -- I mean, I'd sprayed both kids with the $15 Banana Boat sunscreen...and...THEN THE LIFEGUARD announced he heard a clap of thunder...so the pool couldn't open for 30 minutes...

Rather than sit around, (the weather did NOT look good) -- I decided we were already in our suits -- if we got back in the car -- we could be in the Bettendorf indoor pool in 30 minutes...
  
So, that's what we did. And we had the whole place to ourselves.
I've been going to the pool a couple of times every week since it reopened...and it has been very, very quiet.
After the pool, we went to a new place -- the Tangled Wood restaurant.  I ordered the tuna tacos...and Lilly LOVED the crab Rangoon pizza. And, of course, there was Bananagrams...

No comments:

Post a Comment