Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Winter Frankensewing

It would not be possible for me to list all the FRANKENSEWING I do in week. Well -- I could do that -- but trust me -- YOU WOULD SOON BE BORED OUT OF YOUR MIND.  The very nature of Franksewing means cutting up something to create something else...sheets turn into pillowcases. Swimsuits get cut up to make new side panels for a too-small winter coat...

But, just so you know I AM STILL AT IT -- here are a few projects.

I paid $1 for this turq/black flannel shirt. John's favorite color...unfortunately, not his size...
I cut the shirt open at the side seams -- and added a 2" panel of black fabric.
I also added a 2" strip at the bottom of the shirt.
Of course, the trick is to use the EXISTING hem of the black shirt I cut up.
Some things work out great...other things are epic FAILS...

Here are a few that worked out for me...

New Snowpants for Warren. He needs a size 10, but they are 12" too long. So, I cut off the bottom of the pant legs, and added a 6" piece of swimsuit fabric (using the existing elastic in the leg). He can tuck them in his snowboots...

New Queen size fitted sheet from a 100% Supima cotton mossy green queen size FLAT sheet. It's on Val's bed right now. It turned out BEAUTIFUL...

Pillowcases to go with the new green sheet...(I ripped off the decorative hem -- then added it to two white pillowcases to create a "set")

Black "jeggings" for Lilly..  (I made her a pair of arty black jeans two years ago, which she loves, but they got too short and too tight...so I cut off the ARTY leg, and then, used itd as a pattern to cut out an area on a new pair of black jeggings...)

This Frankensew was so successful, Lilly didn't realize it was a WHOLE DIFFERENT PAIR OF PANTS....

And S.E.W.... it goes... 

No comments:

Post a Comment