Friday, January 10, 2020

Kid Movie Night

Friday nights at Grandma's house: bath, pajamas, movie, popcorn. (Hot Cocoa optional...)


During the week, I try to record any movie "I think we'll all enjoy."  Sometimes, we pick up movies at the library -- and occasionally, we go to Redbox or the lone Family Video still in existence (I consider that a field trip back to the 1990's)...

Because Lilly is such an avid dog-lover...whenever I see a movie with a dog in it, I record it.

So -- it's the Friday night AFTER Christmas....I was pleased to have TWO dog movies on the DVR. Hitachi and A Dog's Purpose. I hoped they would be new to the kids...

BUT....NOOOOOOO such luck!!

As it happens -- Lilly and Warren watch a LOT OF MOVIES. They have Amazon Prime at their house, Alexa, Netflix, and, well -- many other things I do not understand.

When I told the kids about the dog movies, Lilly said...

"Seriously, Grandma? Those are both terrible movies. It's A Dog's Purpose is about a dog being reincarnated into another kind of dog....over and over again. You basically watch a dog die a dozen times...it's one of the saddest movies I ever saw...

The only movie sadder would be Hitachi/ (she was really on a roll by this time)...

It's about a dog that gets lost, and the man who finds him loves him, and they go to the train station together every day. But then, about ten minutes into the movie -- the guy dies.  That poor dog continues to go to the station EVERY DAY looking for his man -- FOR YEARS, GRANDMA...YEARS. There is no happy ending. Of course the dog dies of a broken heart.....there's no resolution..."

I swear to God. She said that..."there's no resolution"

Sometimes, I just look at her. She is ten years old.

I'm not sure how old I was when I used the word resolution in a sentence...but I know I was already married.


No comments:

Post a Comment