Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Making Goody Bags

So -- to back up a bit, one of our traditions is that every year, I help the kids make Christmas "goody bags".

They make caramel corn, and fudge.  Lilly made white chocolate fudge with crushed candy canes; Warren made peanut butter fudge. 

This year, I picked up a "cookie kit" from the local celebrity cookie baker. (She was on the Food Channel's Christmas Cookie Championship).  12 sweaters and five bags of frosting was $45*
This week -- our Saturday plan was ALL ABOUT THE BAKING...
The Santa hat isn't a requirement, but I love it when they put one on!!
Warren had his own ideas about how to decorate his cookies.
And he was FOCUSED.
They each had a list of people who would receive a goody bag...
Their parents, grandparents, teacher, bus driver, Uncle Ross, a favorite neighbor...
AFTER I purchased the $45 "cookie kit"-- I realized there was a local woman (on Facebook) who sold the same kit for $25. Then, to add insult to injury -- I went into my grocery store -- HyVee -- and saw they were selling cookie kits for $14.99.

I HAVE TO WRITE THIS STUFF DOWN SO I CAN REMEMBER NEXT YEAR...and not make the SAME mistakes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment