Saturday, January 4, 2020

Saturday AFTER Christmas

It seems to me that, when it comes to Christmas -- everybody is good at some of it....but few of us enjoy ALL of it.

I love my mugs and rugs traditions...and there are many wonderful kid-friendly activities to choose from.

But, unlike my mother -- who LOVED SHOPPING -- I am no good at the gift-giving part of Christmas.  Lilly and Warren already have way more stuff than they could possibly play with...and, a few hours after opening 30 presents on Christmas morning, they honestly cannot remember what they got...

So -- at my house -- they rarely have a gift to open. But they ALWAYS have an adventure to look forward to...
On the Saturday after Christmas, the kids slept in...
Our menu? EGGNOG french toast, of course!!
After breakfast, we were off on our Christmas Adventure. They knew we would be meeting up with Uncle Ross...but they didn't know what we were doing.

On the way -- I decided to take them to the Bettendorf Library to see the Art of Homemaking Exhibit...

You can imagine how exciting that was for both of them...
For a few minutes, I let them think THIS was their Saturday Adventure...
The library did have a wonderful book Christmas tree...
The two of them tried SO HARD to act interested...
Warren is reading EVERYTHING nowadays...he had some good practice with all the cross-stitch samplers...
But, happily -- this was NOT their Uncle Ross/Christmas Adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment