Saturday, January 18, 2020

Chicken Noodle Soup TWIST

Okay -- it's winter now. AND TIME FOR SOUP..!!

Because I cooked TWO turkeys at Thanksgiving -- I boiled off the bones, and had some wonderful stock. I froze the stock/meat...knowing one day soon, it would become SOUP.

I sauteed the vegetables -- carrots, celery, onion...added them to the hot broth, along with a can of corn and some parsley.

BOOM!! DELICIOUS SOUP...
So, how could this be any better?? Well -- with the addition of noodles, of course. And I always cook them SEPARATE from the soup. Because I make a BIG batch of soup, and after a few reheatings, the noodles get mushy.
But, this time -- instead of noodles -- here's the twist -- a dollop of mashed potatoes.
I made balls of leftover mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving...and froze them.
After I heated the soup, I just microwaved the potato ball for about 20 seconds, and plopped it into the bowl...
.OH MY GOD...This is such a delicious twist -- I cannot believe I didn't think of this myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment