Monday, January 27, 2020

My WORD for 2020

Okay.  So I don't do New Year's Resolutions...

But, most years, I do have a "word". This works for me. It's easy to remember. I mean -- IT'S JUST ONE WORD, PEOPLE...it's so simple.

One year, my word was "NEXT"...

Almost every day, I thought about that word and it gave me a lot of peace. It was about learning how to get over myself...to let things go....to move on...

Last year, my word was "Patience" and I had NO WAY OF KNOWING what a good choice that would prove to be. 2019 involved A LOT OF PATIENCE. The big issue was John's dementia...

HE IS DOING WAY BETTER than last year at this time (again, thank you ANTIBIOTICS) -- but we have our moments.

This getting old thing is not for the faint of heart, people. HEY -- NOBODY GETS to be 75 years old without having some issues...

For our October anniversary, we do a road trip up North to see the leaves...


During the holidays, we had a lot going on. But, with some patience, I am getting the rhythm of this new stage.

So -- my word for 2020? I've decided my word will be...

CHANGE.

Nothing stays the same. EVER. NOTHING. That's just the way it is.

People change. Kids grow up...they move away, they get jobs, have kids of their own...your world is always changing.  If you live in Iowa -- you can count on the weather changing with the seasons! The one constant thing in your life is CHANGE.  Your car wears out, your favorite television show gets cancelled, you need reading glasses.  Well -- I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

The trick is to NOT FIGHT IT.... 

The world is a rotating ball of hot gas...and there are many things I do not control.  So I will find the good in what is happening right NOW...because I know it could change in a heartbeat...which is why I will treasure every good moment as it happens...

And if I'm having a really bad day...I'm gonna remember my 2020 word.  Change.  Because tomorrow is a whole new day...

And change is a-comin'....

No comments:

Post a Comment