Two weeks ago, Plan A was to go see a 1 PM play, Suesical the Musical.
As we stepped out of the house, I realized it was snowing. Hummm??
The weather man did NOT predict this. But -- hey -- we are a hearty bunch. WE LIVE IN IOWA, and I'm a good winter driver...so we got in the car and off we went...
|But, as I turned on to the highway, I realized it had been snowing for some time -- and the crews hadn’t been out yet, so the roads were slick...|
After the first ten miles, the roads were completely snow covered, and the winds were blowing so bad, there was zero visibility. I called John (using my perfectly legal Blue Tooth) to see if this was going to be a blizzard...(because he watches the weather channel like it's "Gone with the Wind")...
Happy to be of service, John told me: There’s a 60% chance of precipitation this afternoon.
At this point, it was just as dangerous to turn around to drive home. I wanted to GET OFF THE ROAD. So, Plan B was go to Steak and Shake and wait for the road crews to do their work.
|And one of the best things about Steak and Shake (other than the great $4 meals) is their excellent variety of KID ACTIVITIES.|