Saturday, March 17, 2018

Saturday after Narnia

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY..!!  To honor John's Irish heritage, we had cabbage twice this week...altho, the halupkes I made last night were probably more Ukranian than Irish...but still, cabbage all the same.

As far as I know, I'm not Irish.  But the other day I had a friend tell me I was the "human embodiment of a four-leaf clover..." so I'll take that.

So, it's another Saturday. The winter is getting long...and the kids are getting a little weary of my indoor Grandma activities.

My normal Grandma Game ALWAYS includes a puzzle to work on, of course. And, if I'm lucky, there might be a kids movie on my DVR we can watch...

But the kids love to make things...and on this Saturday...
It was refrigerated cookie dough to the rescue (again).
The gold stars make this cookie adorable, albeit nearly inedible...
The square cookies came from a box of expired cookie dough (2014 doesn't seem so long ago, does it?)...and, honestly, it's not like I'm gonna eat them...
But, on this Saturday after our trip to Narnia -- the kids were in the mood for MORE FACE PAINTING...
Yes, Grandma can do that. Guess what Warren's pick was??
Lilly wanted to go with a classic snowflake...
 And IT'S SO EASY, FOLKS!! I am amazed that I didn't think of this sooner as a possible business idea. Everybody is so intimidated about painting on a kid's face. There's nothing to it!! Last year, I did face-painting at Lilly's kid-birthday-party.
I had a little booklet of ideas from Michael's...
But the best faces were free-style.
Here's what I'm thinking. These Saturday activities are a training ground for WAYS LILLY CAN MAKE MONEY WHEN SHE GOES AWAY TO COLLEGE. I used to sew for people (hem pants, etc.) Lilly can decorate birthday cakes and do face-painting at kids' birthday parties.

I haven't discovered Warren's particular talent yet.  But, hey -- he's only five.

No comments:

Post a Comment