Wednesday, September 21, 2016

The Splendid Sampler™ Wednesday

The Splendid Sampler™ Wednesday
(...skip this part if you're not new here...)

The Splendid Sampler™ is an internet sew-a-long created by Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson. It is an EPIC sew along...
  • 83 fabric designers have created specific blocks that feature different quilting techniques. (paper piecing, fused applique, etc.).
  • The blocks will be released each week, and are FREE to participants until March 2017. (at that time, they'll use the designs to publish a book).
  • You can use whatever fabric you like.
  • There will be pictures on their Facebook page, etc.
The new block designs come out twice a week....on Sunday morning and Thursday morning. I'm doing this with my TMBC...and, therefore, it is my pleasure to BLOG ABOUT IT every Wednesday. *******************

Tuesday is SUCH A SPECIAL DAY. Of course, because of TMBC. Which, to review, stands for "Tuesday Morning Breakfast Club". The B could also stand for books (we all enjoy reading) or blocks (now we all enjoy making the blocks for the Splendid Sampler™.

Mostly, we just enjoy each others company...so there is always a LOT TO TALK ABOUT. And we occasionally take a day trip...

During Jackie's recent visit, we spent the day in Clinton -- and found some treasure at the wonderful Deja Vu resale tore. Note the abstract wire art? THAT'S FOR ME...
When the other girls are doing blocks, I am sometimes doing my Franken-Sewing....and it usually involves a zebra print and some t-shirt fringe...
This is a bad mirror-picture...but you get the idea.
LP was cleaning out her stash, and I got a 3 yd piece of plaid flannel!!  WHICH JUST HAPPENS TO BE THE FARRO FAMILY PLAID.  John and the boys all have robes made from this plaid.  Now i get to make one for Warren, too...
LK got a crinkle cotton -- to test out her new caftan pattern. 
LP with her doubles.  SHE COULDN'T STOP NOW IF YOU PAID HER!!
I made both blocks this week!! Still loving Mary Mulari's fabric...
I was pretty darn proud of myself...
Sandy always makes both blocks...
As we progress with our SS blocks, I am becoming even more determined to do a Quilt As You Go finish for my quilt. But I am at this point, still befuddled. Flummoxed. Yep...that's the word I'm looking for.

You Tube hasn't been the big help I'd hoped...any suggestions, people??

HOW DO YOU DO IT??

1 comment:

  1. Dang! When Cathy was alive, we had some kids do quilt-as-you-go quilts. Hmmmmm....wonder if the instructions are still floating around. That's been about 6 years since any of them have sewn one.

    ReplyDelete