Monday, September 12, 2016

Opera GALA at the Community Center

I can't believe it's taken me TWO MONTHS to write about my GRAND SUMMER ROAD TRIP -- my visit to Mary's house -- and MADAME BUTTERFLY!!

I did not take any pictures during the performance -- but it was amazing.  For the rest of my life, if I hear a song from that show, I will be transported back to that fine auditorium in the middle of the Iron Range...and that wonderful, perfect night.  
Mary and I with one of the Geisha's, during the intermission.
Butterfly cookies (half eaten before I remembered to take a picture)...and a mystery green gelatinous thing...?
There was a GALA at the Community Center after the performance. And the food there was STUNNING and DELICIOUS. I promised my foodie friend Pat that I would take lots of pictures...
Shrimp and steak sliders...
Pat, the Director of the Opera (visiting from Florida) and Mary.
Doug, kabitzing with the STAR of the Opera (such an incredible voice!)
Mary had the perfect opera purse for Madame Butterfly.
Seriously...every bite of this food was fantastic.
The last time I was in the Aurora Community Center, we had it all set up for the Hanson's Sisters Vintage Linen Auction.  (remember, Deanna?  Jackie?  Marion?)...
Mary, with her friend Veda -- who started it all.  GOOD JOB, GIRL...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment