Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Double Trouble

No matter how you look at it, twins is a phenomenon. Something special. Quite spectacular and unusual.  
If not for the Clairol intervention, these two are identical. (to me, anyway)...
Their mother, Linda -- otherwise known as "LP" -- long ago developed the habit of making two of EVERYTHING...
So, when we started making the blocks for the Splendid Sampler, LP did TWO versions of every block...
Her girls finally figured it out -- that she is making TWO quilts -- one for each of them.
So now it's no secret.
Recently, TMBC had the rare pleasure of a guest appearance from the twins.
So, of course, I had to whip out my favorite table game -- BANANAGRAMS.
Using TWO sets of scrabble letters, we had a rousing session of TWINS BANANAGRAMS.
I think Kim and Whitney invented this game. At any rate -- I learned it from their mother, and she learned it from them. So, of course, they kicked our butt.   No surprise there...one of them runs a library and the other one runs a courthouse...

It was AN HONOR to be beaten by these masters...and I wanted to make sure they knew how wonderful I think this game is. I now pack my old Scrabble letters in a little zipper bag no matter where I go. Lilly and I play it in restaurants, at the dentist office or the laundromat...it is a quick, easy, fun way to entertain children and pass the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment