Tuesday, September 6, 2016

PFW: The Lilly Challenge

Sewing will always be a part of Grandma Camp. After all, Lilly has her very own Featherweight, and I realized the first lesson should be about how to CUT fabric. Much easier said than done, folks. At seven years old, Lilly is used to those blunt paper scissors -- so using a real fabric scissors will be a giant, dangerous adjustment. Hummm...best to start off easy, I think.

Then, I realized I had accidentally purchased the PERFECT FABRIC PANEL for this lesson...
With adorable sewing motifs, it already has the cutting lines right on the fabric.
With Frankie's help, we set up on the porch. WHERE WE DO OUR BEST WORK!!
It was good practice -- and now we have all these little sewing motifs...
Along with some pretty ugly place mats from my thrift travels...
THAT'S THE CHALLENGE, THEN. The place mats will make the perfect little Featherweight sewing mats. So, the attendees of the First Annual PFW all got a place mat and some Lilly squares...
The reverse side of my mat is, of course, ZEBRA..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment