Monday, October 22, 2012

Project Runway FINALE

Okay -- I've watched the Finale TWICE -- and I am just about over Heidi's chest-barring dress. No -- wait -- I promised myself that I would not mention it again....

There are four designers in the FINALE -- Fabio, Melissa, Christopher and Dmitry.

And, for the record -- I did not see the point of having FOUR of them.

Cuz WHY?? -- it seems to me they just didn't want to send Christopher home the week before. The three "looks" he chose to show were so lame -- two pair of black leather shorts?? He SHOULD have gone home.

Although I liked that Chris made his own fabric -- using is mother's x-ray -- that was the beginning and end of his creativity. The actual garments were forgettable and  too simplistic -- a straight skirt?? A tank top? His big wow moment -- the dress with all the layers -- was fabulous the first time we saw it -- IN SEASON ONE -- WHEN JAY MCCARROLL DID IT..and that was TEN SEASONS AGO, Chris...C'mon...

I wonder who designed Heidi's dress...really - she usually looks so great.  It was atrocious...oops...sorry...


Melissa was the most-improved designer. By the time she spent five weeks at home working on her collection -- somebody at least taught her how to put in a zipper. And I really did love her red dress -- even though it had nothing to do with the rest of her garments...

Fabio did a collection of pastel bed sheets that the judges LOVED for it's fresh innovation. WHA?? I really didn't get what they loved about it. Of course, I was so worried about Heidi's boob falling out, it was hard to concentrate...

I would have voted for Dmitry -- hands down. And not just because he belongs to the Russian mob and his people scare me. That guy can SEW!! Of all the garments that went down the runway that night -- he had the most memorable clothes. That fabulous dress -- with all the openings -- and the geometric shapes invisibly holding everything together deserved the win.... even though I was a little distracte by the uni-brow... 



And this jacket is CRAZY good -- those sleeves have FRINGES, people!! And the pants were so amazing, I can't even imagine how he worked that pattern out.GO DMITRY!!
So, for me -- the right person won this season. And Dmitry should have won three or four of the other challenges -- the judges really did not like him.  But I have to say that overall, it was a very dismal year. The other day -- Lifetime was running a marathon of Season 4. Remember Christian? Jillian? Chris March? Rami? WOW. They ALL had better ideas and collections than this season's lackluster bunch. I found myself wondering what Chris March would have sent down the runway. I'm still a fan of the show...but I'm hanging on by a thread... And I am worried about the drop in Heidi's taste level. You knew I wasn't done with her dress... maybe she's just trying to diss Victori's Secret...you know -- prove that she doesn't NEED a bra...It was not a good look, Heidi...

The most interesting fact is that this year -- EIGHT of the designers made 10-piece collections for Mercedes Benz Fashion week.  To prevent the "spoiler" ...and if you go to the website called Blogging Project Runway  -- you can actually SEE all of the collections.  I thought Ven's would be good -- but I was wrong.  However -- Gunnar did a GREAT job.  He would have given Dmitry a run for his money...!

No comments:

Post a Comment