Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mate Factor

Ithaca, New York did what a lot of other cities did. They closed off their downtown area to automobile traffic -- creating a pedestrian mall. Obviously, I am no city planner -- but this plan rarely works. Here's what they forgot about Americans -- if we can't park, we won't go...

However, because I am traveling with my CANADIAN friend -- we finally DID figure out where to park -- and then we walked around the pedestrian mall...we pretty much had the place to ourselves...

All that walking wore me out -- so we went into the Mate Factor cafe. I wanted a cup of coffee...

And Marion ordered a "spelt waffle"....

The place was very quirky...as you can see, it felt like the trees were growing up to create the booths...

The guy at the counter explained that the cafe was owned by their commune...and the waffle was delicious...

It was only AFTER I got home -- when I couldn't remember the name of the cafe -- I went online to see if I could figure it out. Imagine my surprise when I found this website. Ithacans boycotting the Mate Factor cafe -- because they are objecting to the "cult" that runs it.

No kidding? Marion and I always say the same thing...and it certainly applies here...

Why would anybody write fiction? The truth is so bizarre, it will NEVER let you down...

No comments:

Post a Comment