Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My best T Shirt Maxi Dresses yet!

This is my favorite picture of John and his sister Maureen. At her house in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. Maureen is one of my life's most unforgettable people.  You always know where you stand with her.  The older I get -- the more I admire that quality...

Maureen raised three children completely on her own -- and she did an awesome job. She has two daughters and a son. Marci, Marissa and Todd. I made t-shirt dresses for Maureen and her girls..and I had so much fun picking out just the right shirts, slogans and logos. Early on -- I decided the color palatte would be black and white and hot pink...perfect.  Of course -- lots of t-shirt fringe...

On the back of Marci's dress -- I experimented with some braiding. I LOVED IT...
During our visit, we only got to see Marissa...I was sooo excited to give them the dresses and see if they would fit.  (Marci helped me with the sizes)... AND THEY WERE BEAUTIFUL...
I only wish Marci could have been there to try on her dress, too.  But, after recently getting her PhD,  she was busy presenting a paper at an important medical convention...
As it happens -- we were lucky to get a glimpse of even one of Maureen's kids.  Since Marissa graduated from college (with honors) -- she travels all over the country, working on contracts for IBM, doing a complicated job that went right over my head...
And the next morning, at 4:00 AM -- Marissa was getting on a plane to go back to San Francisco.

Oh, yeah, Maureen.

You did a great job with those kids...

I am so proud that these are my people...

No comments:

Post a Comment