Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pennsylvania Day Trppin...

One of the best things about our Pennsylvania vacation is that once we get there -- I RENT MY OWN CAR. John goes golfing every day with his buddies -- and I'm free to do a little "road trippin". Which I LOVE TO DO. And the weather was stunning...
John's family lives in Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania. Which is a very central location because  I have many friends on the East Coast. On this day, I headed south to the Lancaster area. Full of Pennsylvania Dutch and Amish communities. Places called Myerstown, Lebanon, Intercourse, Blue Ball and Ephrata...the homes are old and well kept...
AND the woman driving NORTH from Maryland to meet me was my friend Donna Babylon...I had a book on tape in my car. She had her little dog Lucy for company...
I chose the restaurant because on the website, they said they were famous for their "slippery pot pie". One of Donna's favorites. It seemed like a good idea at the time...lol...
But, if you know Donna -- you know she is a little picky about her food. That's okay. This day was about the visit -- not the food. AND my plan for us AFTER the lunch was really the big story... Can you guess? Have you ever been to Ephrata??

No comments:

Post a Comment