Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The actual WALK

Okay, Sandy...I'm gonna do it. Take a "WALK". Like in the olden days. Before treadmills could be delivered to your house from online bookstore websites...

It's a beautiful day. The heat wave is over. I'm actually putting on my tennis shoes and heading out the door...I'm walking down my lane...onto the road...over to my sister Ronda's house. She lives nearby....it only takes 5 minutes to drive there...It is a stunningly beautiful summer day...

Although, it's taking longer than I thought. Gee, it's been about 30 minutes and I'm only halfway there...

this would be a nice place for a bench....I wonder why nobody thought about that?

And a little shade would certainly be welcome at this point.

I saw three discarded shoes...don't you always wonder what their story is?

There is a single piece of shade between me and Ronda's house. I took a picture of it. I'm afraid I might pass out...I am sweating like a pig...my knees are hurting now and it's way hotter than I thought...


I have been walking for40 minutes when I get to the end of Ronda's road...she is there to greet me...she assures me it is only a quarter mile to her house...even though you can't see it from here...(unlike Russia from Alaska)

We had a little visit. Using the new "app" on my phone -- I discovered it is exactly two miles from my house to Ronda's house. And there is no way I can walk home...thank goodness there is gas in the truck...

Mary Mulari takes a REAL walk every single day. Rain or shine, heat or snow -- the Walkie-Talkies in Aurora, Minnesota are out there -- WALKING in their town. I have a new respect for you people....

Nobody loves their treadmill. But I realize how much I appreciate having a working treadmill in my house...come rain or shine, regardless of the weather...

And all the things I enjoy about having my treadmill....like -- there is a bathroom nearby. And I also like taking a nice cold drink of water whenever I like. Sometimes, I need a break and I walk for awhile, then put in a load of laundry -- or maybe just sit in a chair.

I'll admit it. I am a pansie...

1 comment:

  1. I'm a "mall-walker" and proud of it!
    Of course, with all the rain we have in the beautiful Pacific NW, we need indoor walking. And, South Hill Mall is one-mile long around the inside perimeter. Plus, controlled climate, bathrooms, benches, coffee place opens early for the walkers.....perfect :-)
    Laura in Puyallup

    ReplyDelete