Monday, February 22, 2010

Sewing Inspirations

You NEVER know where you'll find your sewing inspiration. For me, it's often in a thrift store or at the Goodwill (as you well know). But, I am very fortunate to be able to visit NEW YORK CITY every now and then -- and it never fails to inspire me. This picture is of me and the Hey Rita tote getting off the plane in December...




This is a picture of TIMES SQUARE -- I was scanning the street for my friend, the Naked Cowboy...



And this is an OLD picture -- of Mary and me eating a fabulous lunch at Tavern on the Green. Wow. I was fat then. Heck -- I'm still fat. Just not AS fat. lol. It was the big trip we took with Designs in Machine Embroidery magazine. One of the travel highlights of my life...what a GREAT TIME we had...(Mary is just visible on the right hand side of the photo)...



My favorite new project is the New York City CIRCLE WRAP...which I found in December, during my sister Deborah's "all girl weekend". I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO SHOW IT TO YOU!! Although, of course, I had to modify it to fit us big girls...

I'VE ALMOST GOT IT FIGURED OUT. Nothing left to do but THE SEWING..!! Then, I'll show you the NYC wrap -- and unveil my own version at Friday Night LIVE...

No comments:

Post a Comment