Thursday, February 18, 2010

Midwest Ya Ya Sisters & the STALKERS

The Midwest Ya Ya Sisters was BORN because of the Sewing & Stitchery Expo. Years ago, the show had just gone to FOUR days instead of three -- Sunday attendance was slow...and Joanne Ross asked Mary Mulari and me to come up with "something special" for a "Sunday ONLY" presentation.

Mary & I came up with the "Midwest Ya Ya Sisters" -- a very fast paced 'QUICK GIFT" seminar. It's a topic we both live and breathe -- and just the kind of creative sewing we both enjoy. Here's a picture of us -- four years ago -- I was 100 pounds heavier...Mary STILL LOOKS THE SAME!!



I digress....

Anyway -- we did that seminar at Puyallup for several years and it became very popular. One year, we did the Ya Ya show three times in one day. I noticed two smiling women in the front row -- AGAIN. As we were starting the seminar, I pointed to these two women and said, "you DO KNOW this is going to be the same show you saw an hour ago, right?

Imagine our surprise when they replied, "Oh, no it isn't. We come to every single show every year -- and they're different every time."

At that moment, I dubbed them 'THE STALKERS"...

Here they are -- Chris and Judy -- with me & Mary -- last year they helped out with Nancy Zieman's show. (They were the PROP MANAGERS)...



This is me with THEM right before the GO RED show last year...



Here's a picture of me with them-- as they are GIVING ME GIFTS!! Seriously -- they are the best stalkers anybody ever had!!


And THIS YEAR -- you can see them at the FRIDAY NIGHT LIVE show. I hope they read this blog -- because I am announcing right here and now that they will have RESERVED SEATS...in the FRONT ROW. We haven't ya-ya'ed in Puyallup for three years -- and we want to make this show a very special experience for them...

So -- in the interest of paying them back for being such Super-Fans -- Mary and I will be GIVING THEM GIFTS THIS YEAR...!!

ya...ya....

SEE YOU AT THE SHOW, GIRLS...(Tickets to Friday Night LIVE are $20 each, and if there are tickets available, you can buy them at the Ticket Booth when you get to the show -- located in the Showplex -- over by the Free Stage!)

No comments:

Post a Comment