Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lillian's Recycled Sweater Coat

Inspired by two extraordinary, creative women. My new friend Jill -- the Etsy artist who made my new recycled sweatercoat. (I'll unveil it at Friday Night LIVE -- at the Midwest Ya Ya Sister Show -- at EXPO, Friday, February 26...).

And, then, my old friend Anne -- the talented young mother of twins -- when she sent pictures of her daughter Sarah, restyling a vintage sweater.

You already know it got me to thinking how baby clothes are never made out of cashmere. What a pity! BUT I SEW...

Here's how it started...a pile of sweaters...(the purple one is actually cashmere!)




Last time I wrote about Lillian's little sweatercoat -- you saw pieces I was about to serge together....

I decided to "edge" the crossover front with some lovely knit zebra fabric.


I used a boring yellow fleece baby coat from the Goodwill as a "pattern" because I liked the way it crossed over in the front.

IT IS SOOO ADORABLE. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE LILLIAN WEARING IT...

gheesh...I might have to get in my car and drive the 4 hours to Wisconsin just so I can get a picture OF HER IN HER NEW SWEATERCOAT.

THAT WOULD BE A GREAT THING to put into the PowerPoint for the Midwest Ya Ya Sisters Friday Night LIVE event...

IF IT WOULD ONLY STOP SNOWING LONG ENOUGH!!!

P.S. -- Please forgive me. If you live in Virginia, Maryland, Philadelphia or the District of Columbia -- you have been stuck in your home for over a week, have 24" on the ground, blizzard conditions, and more snow coming your way....I'm sorry I ever whined about the Iowa winter. You win the "my winter sucks bigtime" contest.

1 comment: