Saturday, February 13, 2010

Project Runway MAGAZINE COVER challenge

Although I am DELIGHTED that Project Runway is back in New York City -- and only God knows how thrilled I am to have a brand new show to look forward to every week -- I've gotta say, I'm just not that into it. Although I haven't missed an episode, I don't even know any of the designers names...

I loved the challenge. Make a garment for Heidi Klum to wear on the cover of Marie Clare magazine. The editor gave them a lot of excellent notes about what they look for.

As the designers were working on their garments -- the room was completely quiet. Nobody was talking...teasing...joking...there is absolutely no interaction between this group of people. When Seth Aaron said he was "going to fall asleep"...the other designers did cutaway interviews calling him immature...blah, blah, blah...

Just TRYING to drum up some conflict...it's like the producers suddenly realized...watching somebody read a book is not good television. Neither is watching a dozen different people lay out a muslin...

OH OH. I SENSE TROUBLE...I AM AFRAID...VERY AFRAID....

It worries me that the producers will try to flog these designers into some kind of contrived bad behavior just to make "good television". Like how the MTV producers make sure all the kids in "The Real World" house are drinking all the time.....or the TLC producers started sending Jon & Kate on all those bogus "outings" and "vacations" because 6 sleeping babies was not exciting television...

Anyway -- at the end of the show -- I liked Anthony's teal dress -- and I also like Anthony. But my favorite was Ben's -- the wrap dress, dark teal, with yellow and black inserts. I thought the color choice was daring, and the back was really interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Totally loved the three also. Ben's was the most striking, but for a close-up - say from chest up, Anthony's then becomes the most interesting.
    I agree about realty show editing. Had a friend compete on American Idol -talk about phony. The "tryouts" we see on TV are actually the third round, so why do those horrible singers make it so far - ratings, of course. My friend, who only made it to round two, is now working and teaching in the music/theater industry in NY City and has been in a few off-Broadway productions, so you know she has talent.
    Laura in Puyallup

    ReplyDelete