Monday, February 15, 2010

Rita's Sewing TO DO list

OKAY -- this is the FUN PART of my job. Really. For me, doing the actual SEWING is like the icing on the cake. At some point, I get to decide what I'll be wearing every day at the show. The good news is that on FRIDAY -- I get to wear my recycled denim -- which -- thanks to this blog -- IS ALREADY DONE!! hurray...



Then -- because I'll be the emcee for the Sunday morning Coats & Clark Pink & Red Fashion Show -- I FEEL THE NEED to make a special garment...which you alredy know about...it's coming along (that's my way of saying I haven't started it yet).

AND this year, I have quite a bit of sewing to do for Friday night LIVE. As Mary & I went over our final list...and here's what I need to work on:
Ya Ya Show:

I'd like to make some new t-shirt totebags (cuz I use them all the time, and my current ones are kinda dingy...), and another stuffed creature (THESE are soo much fun to do, I love 'em!), then a new braided BELT, if I can only find those D rings, then, Mary and I are both doing a different version of -- NO WAIT -- THAT PROJECT IS A SURPRISE... and I was inspired by a very unique circle wrap I bought during my recent visit to New York City....and I have to figure out the dimensions for "larger sizes" -- because we decided it's such a unique project, we'll put the directions in our handout...well -- you get the idea. I'm not QUITE ready...

AND the pool table looks like this again....CAN I GET ALL THAT STUFF SEWN UP IN TIME??

4 comments:

  1. OK, so I don't know which is more frightening - the pool table sewing room, those jeans, or the pink & red sweaters from a previous post. Think maybe I need to sit towards the back at Friday Night Live, so I don't get too scared :-)
    Love ya, Rita!
    Laura in Puyallup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about the Pink & Red, Laura -- I decided to TONE IT DOWN with some stretch leopard....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I wonder what Michael Kohrs and Nina Garcia would say about that - pink knit with black sequin appliques, red knit ruffles, and strech leopard......sure it could take you to Bryant Park
    Laura in Puyallup

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe the television show that best suits my sewing/design sensibilities is "What NOT to Wear"

    ReplyDelete