Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Rita's Actual Treasure

I had so much fun writing about my Saturday-treasure-hunt, but there has been a bit of whining because I only showed pictures of what I did NOT buy....lol...HEY -- thanks for sending emails asking to see what I actually BOUGHT!! (Sue, Linda,Jun e -- you are sooo curious!) In the first picture you can see the beautifully ironed (starched,, even) red apron. Who would not pay $3.95 for that?? The paisley apron is an extra large size, with green rick-rack, always a favorite. You can see my new bathroom handtowels, and a brand-new string of lights that are surrounded by silk flowers (daisies, I think) They will be the perfect touch in my guest bedroom (one day, I'll take a picture). I also got several books, some new old blue jeans from the Goodwill -- a nice $7 baby walker for my friend Val (her new grandson is the same age as my Lillian), AND a cast iron dutch oven for my niece, Amy. ($16).

Also -- you'll be happy to know that my cousin Kim is going to buy the darling little chiffarobe. It is EXACTLY like the one she had as a child, and then painted for her daughter Carrie. Now Elizabeth can have one, too.
Here's my absolute best find of the day!! ($2.38 from the Goodwill)
















No comments:

Post a Comment