Monday, September 7, 2009

Note to Young Sarah



Dear Sarah,
Your picture was a BIG HIT up on my blog! Thousands of women (okay -- maybe dozens) all over the country got to see the top you made. Here's a note from one of your new fans -- her name is Jan and she is one of the SUPER SEWISTS who is doing a recycled "denim challenge" with me and another friend, Bonne. Our unveiling will be this Wednesday -- I hope your Mom shows you our finished projects!

From Jan to Sarah:

Hey Sarah!! Thats the neatest top you made and you look cute as a button in it!!! I'm so glad your mom is teaching you to sew!! I taught my grandaughter Teagan to sew when she was young like you. She made a pillow and entered it in the fair and got a blue ribbon! 2 years ago she made a vest (we made them together) and she entered it in the fair and got another blue ribbon! This year (she just turned 14) she made a QUILT all by herself - even quilted it by herself, and it turned out beautiful! You keep at it and maybe you can join in one of our "blog" challenges!!! Happy sewing, jan
*************

Sarah -- here's a picture of a zebra totebag Jan made for me. One day, I'm sure we'll be looking at pictures of projects YOU made for the FAIR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment