Monday, September 28, 2009

Final Porch Detail


Of course, since there is now a fabulous ZEBRA rug underfoot -- I try to roll up the rug and cover the furniture when it rains. But if I'm not here... Hummm...if only I could find one of those old-fashioned roll-up shades...

Remember Ritaluck? Sure enough -- on my first trip into the DAV (Disabled American Veterans) thrift store -- there it was. The PERFECT tan-plastic-ugly-roll-up-shade. $2.50. It didn't matter to me what color it was -- I knew I was either going to paint it or cover it with fabric.

My artist-cousin Linda (last time you saw her, she was in the bathtub) came out one day, with many cans of spray paint. Inspired by Kandinsky -- this is our finished work of art. IT IS AMAZING. I honestly don't know when we were ever more pleased with ourselves and a project. (and there have been MANY over the years!) It's impossible to photograph during the day -- because the sun shines through it. So this is my first attempt at a NIGHTTIME photo...you get the idea...
I love it, love it, love it. AND IT HAS SOLVED THE PROBLEM of rain coming in that side of the porch. Thanks again, Linda. YOU ARE THE BOMB...!! I don't know what I would do without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment