Tuesday, February 16, 2021

There is ALWAYS a Silver Lining...

John is still in the hospital. Although, the good news is that all his tests are coming back fine.  So, he didn't have a stroke, and he didn't have a brain bleed...But, because they had to knock him out on Saturday morning to even get a blood pressure -- and, I guess it was the weekend...so they kept him sedated for two days.

More good news -- John has absolutely no Covid symptoms. The doctor said he probably had Covid when I did (back in November). Anybody who's had the virus will test positive. I didn't know that. I was assured I can't make anybody sick...so I've taken myself out of quarantine. (I was only in for 12 hours)...He will probably come home on Tuesday.

I've had TWO good night's sleep.  Monday morning, I went to TWO swim exercise classes at the YMCA.

THEN -- like that wasn't enough fun for my girl's day off --- I did this...FIRST PEDICURE IN FOUR MONTHS..!!

Hummm...same colors as my vintage buffet..!!


I am not allowed to visit John in the hospital (Covid protocols). 

Jessie was John's nurse on both Saturday and Sunday. She called me with frequent updates...and I felt he was in good hands. So, on Sunday (Valentine's Day) I delivered a gift bag with:  A Russell Stover heart shaped box of chocolates, a dozen Kwik Star Donuts, three roses, and a sappy "To My Wonderful Wife" Valentine's card.

 I wrote this note inside the card....

Dear Jessie,

You have been very kind on the phone.  Thank you for taking the time to explain things to me.  

This is the card I WISH John would have given me this year.  He used to pick out the nicest cards...

Anyway -- I decided you should be his Valentine this year.   Thanks for taking such good care of him.

Best,

Rita Farro

*********

When Jessie called to thank me  for the Valentine gift bag, she said, "it's a good thing to be the girl in charge of the donuts..." 

2 comments:

  1. Thankful John is ok, and thankful you got some much needed girl time. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful way to acknowledge the kindness of John's nurse! I'm glad that he's doing ok, and you too!

    ReplyDelete