Monday, February 1, 2021

Rita's 2021 Vintage Buffet Project: Chapter 1

Oh, yeah!! This project is EXACTLY what I need right now. And it's gonna take some TIME...and some PLANNING...and it will be CREATIVE...and, well, there's a little more to this story -- but you'll find that out as we go along...

To review, my sister Ronda made a remark about this buffet sitting in my kitchen for all these years -- and she can't believe I never painted it...

Time to remedy that oversight...and, hey -- TIME IS SOMETHING I'VE GOT PLENTY OF RIGHT NOW...

But actually getting started is the hardest part...what to do, what to do...

I considered all the ways I could paint this wonderful, sturdy vintage buffet...

I drew some pictures, imagining all the colorful choices I could make...

You know I love WORDS on everything...so that's a definite possibility...
THEN -- THIS HAPPENED..!! OMG...my new rug is TOTALLY going to be my inspiration for my old buffet...!!
I immediately started sketching and coloring possible drawer fronts...
I AM LOVING THIS...

2 comments:

  1. Love the process -
    Soooo, when will you be adding words to the inspirational rug ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!!! Time to get paint swatches to match the rug!

    ReplyDelete